Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Celebrating a 5th anniversary & a 1st birthday in the parks

I've only recently realized that if we do indeed book our trip for May 2014 that we will be celebrating two very big events at the same time.

The first big event (and likely to be happening while actually IN the parks) is my husband and I's 5th wedding anniversary. We were married on the Big Island of Hawaii on May 7th 2009 and use to talk about returning there for our anniversary. However, we changed things up a bit and did Hawaii last fall instead. Although Disney may not be the most romantic place to celebrate, I'm sure we can convince the grandparents to take our kiddos for an evening while we go for dinner somewhere. We aren't fancy food people, but I have always wanted to eat at Blue Bayou in the Pirates ride (without children!) so maybe we'll make some reservations for there.

The other big celebration is that our second son (due this May) will be turning 1! Although he isn't due until the end of the month, we know Disney won't care and will gladly help us celebrate. I plan to grab him a special birthday button to wear one day and maybe book some kind of character meal for his 'birthday party.' Hubby and I talked last night about the idea of not even having a birthday party for him back home. He doesn't need the toys and what's better then a 1st birthday at Disneyland!? He can get a special present or two from there and it would sure save us the money and energy of planning something once back home.
A few years ago I was in DisneyWorld for my birthday and I gotta say, it was pretty fun! I wore the free birthday button with my name on it and I have never been told happy birthday by so many people in my life! Everywhere I went random travelers and park cast members wished me well. It was awesome. Unfortunately I ended up with a stomach virus of some kind that week and we were never able to go out and have my special birthday dinner.

Has anyone else ever celebrated something extra special in the parks? What did you do?
I'm open to ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment