Friday, June 29, 2012

Halloween at DisneyWorld - Guest Blog

I recently wrote about how I have never been to a Disney park during the holiday times of Christmas or Halloween. Fortunitly, I have a friend who has! I decided to open up my blog to others who have some expertise in other areas or may just have a picture or memory to share. The whole point of this blog is to help others plan trips, get ideas or just talk about their love of the Disney Parks. So if you are interested or willing in sharing something about a trip you took please get in touch with me. I'd love to have you be a part of this too!

Chantal has a great perspective on the DisneyWorld parks aswell as on travelling with a very young child. I asked her if she would be willing to share a few things about her trips on here and she graciously agreed. Here is her first write up on a Halloween trip she took with her family last fall.



"We have been very fortunate to go to Disney during different times of the year. I would say one of my favourite times was October, where we attended the Halloween Party! Yes, you pay extra (between $50-$60) but in my opinion if you are going to go during that time of year it is so worth it. Our family dressed up as Pirates and it was alot of fun. We were given bags and we went trick or treating from station to station collecting candies. There was also a parade, which was amazing! Disney does great parades but the Halloween parade is fantastic! My son Cade loved it!



By far my favourite thing at the party was that Woody and Jessie were in the dance hall and since Cade loves dancing, he had a great time with them. It was so cute to watch as Jessie kept wanting to go dance with him but this time around Cade wasn't sure about these characters!



We have made so many great memories at Disney!"

- Chantal

Thanks for sharing Chantal!

A few extra notes on Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- If you do not have tickets to this event, you will not be allowed to remain in the park while it goes on (something to note if you are planning to go at this time of year - youll be out of the park early on these nights without a ticket!)
- The parties run throughout the months of September and October.
- This is the only time non cast member adults are allowed to dress up in costumes at the parks
- along with the trick or treating there is also a special firework show, parade and character meet n greets

No comments:

Post a Comment